Virtual Legal Researcher - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a Virtual Legal Researcher for a distinguished national law firm. The Legal Researcher will be responsible for legal, business intelligence, and legislative research to attorneys and staff utilizing a variety of research tools. This is a full-time employment position that will cover the work hours of 10 AM – 7 PM ET/7 AM – 4 PM PT. The position can be either virtual or a hybrid role (both virtual and on-site work).
- Conducting legal reference services and in-depth research in wide range of areas including practice-specific areas of law, business intelligence, public records, legislative history, medical and news/media.
- Performs legal reference and research using traditional and electronic resources.
- Records and reports research projects and time using firm software in a manner that meets deadlines
- Monitors reference request submitted to research designated request email list, allocating request when necessary to ensure timely research service.
- Collaborates with fellow team members on projects and proposals for procedures associated with legal research, reference services and product usage.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- An ALA-Accredited MLS, or equivalent is strongly preferred. In progress MLS degree students will also be considered.
- At least 1 year of law library experience, including research of complex legal matters, use of technology to provide solutions, interaction with all levels within a law firm environment, and training.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.