Technical Services Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group seeks a Technical Services Library Assistant for an academic institution in West Los Angeles. The Library Assistant will be responsible for making books, journals, and other library materials accessible through adaptive cataloging and classification, maximizing catalog access through authority and database maintenance, adding volumes and copies to on-line library system and withdrawing library materials from on-line library system. This is a temporary, part-time position requiring 20-30 hours per week.
- Catalog books, journals, and other library materials on a national bibliographic database, adapting copy from other institutions, and transferring records into the local on-line library system. Assign subject headings and call numbers, subject to professional review.
- Create and maintain item records for multi-volume sets and serial records in the local on-line library system.
- Update local and national databases regarding materials withdrawn from the library collection.
- Maintain database integrity through routine and special project authority work.
- Re-catalog and reclassify existing library collections as time allows.
- Support the work of other library departments by responding to location change requests, providing technical assistance in the transfer of electronic records, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Cataloging Librarian.
- At least 1 year of technical services library experience including editing catalog records, familiarity with searching and editing OCLC and/or online library systems, cataloging rules (AACR2) and resource description and access (RDA), Library of Congress call numbers, and subject headings.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.