Technical Services Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group is seeking an experienced Technical Services Librarian to work for us full-time at a prominent New York law firm. The Technical Services Librarian handles a variety of tasks concerning maintaining and improving library collection, both print and electronic for all offices. Systems handled by this position include the Information Services intranet site and the OPAC (EOS). This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package
- Serve as the main contact for the union catalog, currently the OPAC (EOS), working with the vendor on updates, issues and troubleshooting.
- Copy catalog and original cataloging of all Firm offices’ library materials.
- Perform catalog data entry and generate reports.
- Maintain serials records within the catalog for print and electronic resources.
- Process orders for new materials.
- Order supplies for the Library department when needed.
- Serve as the technical contact for library systems with vendors and internal help desk operations.
- Maintain deskbook distribution records and distribute both print and electronic books.
- Act as back-up for mail sorting, journal check-in, and routing.
- Process professional development DVDs in coordination with professional development department and web services librarian.
- Perform related tasks and participate in special projects as determined by management.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science is strongly preferred
- 2 years of experience in a library (preferably legal)
- Experience using an integrated library system such as Sydney or EOS
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – intermediate/advanced level Excel
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.