Technical Services Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a dedicated Technical Services Assistant to work on an ongoing basis for our client, a prestigious law firm. As a member of the Research Services team, the Technical Services Assistant works to provide smooth and continuous lawyer access to print legal and business research resources. This position is slated to start in November, working 30 hours a week onsite in Washington, DC.
- Process and maintain physical library collections, including, book processing and cataloguing of print materials for distribution across offices;
- Accept daily postal deliveries and process as required;
- Ensure accurate record keeping on the Library Management System;
- Handle ad-hoc loose-leaf updating requests as needed;
- Participate in projects relating to print collection reorganizations or relocations;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a resources or technical services capacity, ideally in a legal or law firm environment;
- Knowledge and experience of Library Management Systems.
- Preference for Sydney Enterprise
- Proficient with MS Office systems to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Able to work independently following appropriate instruction and to take responsibility for the work product delivered;
- Excellent team player – collaborative and accountable;
- Organized with the ability to juggle and priorities multiple competing demands;
- A strong customer service focus and high client care standards;
- Resilient, adaptable, resourceful and flexible;
- Professional, positive, self-motivated, disciplined and pro-active;
- Confident to interact professionally with a broad range of people, including attorneys and members of Business Services of varying levels;
- Confident about building relationships and functioning within a dispersed and truly global team.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.