Taxonomy Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks an experienced Taxonomy/Metadata professional to assume the role of Taxonomy Product Manager for an exciting client enterprise-wide project. This position will be focused on providing the taxonomy expertise and project oversight to determine design and development needs, manage taxonomy resources, overall project and task priorities, assignments and statuses, etc. This position will be the conduit for taxonomy and data components across the wider project undertaking and will coordinate closely with business, technology and project team members.
- Be the product owner for all things taxonomy and metadata within the overarching project
- Primary point of contact for decisions about taxonomies, metadata standards, data cleanup and normalization
- Assign tasks and projects to taxonomy / metadata resources
- Manage ticket writing and agile sprints
- Track and report on project and task status and overall progress
- Provide expertise and guidance around data governance and coordinate as needed with enterprise requirements
- Lead taxonomy and metadata road-map planning and migration planning
- Work closely with business, technology and project team members to assure that taxonomy and metadata needs are being addressed and are in synch with overarching project requirements and timelines
- 3 - 5 years of previous taxonomy experience
- Prior experience with complex enterprise-level taxonomy and metadata projects
- Experience working with enterprise databases and data modeling and mapping skills
- Experience with project management tools and practices
- Experience in a business analysis capacity capable of understanding and translating business needs into actionable requirements
- Experience working in an Agile project environment and highly skilled at effectively leveraging sprints and tickets to track and manage all tasks and project steps as well as resolve roadblocks
- Familiarity with media asset management and taxonomy tools and technologies
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; capable of communicating complex taxonomy terms and concepts to all levels and working with other remote (global) team members
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Remote work requires an effective self-motivator who can remain on track and successfully meet all tasks and timelines, resolve issues, etc
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.