Supervisory Education Specialist (Adult Learning Manager) - D.C. Public Library
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
The D.C. Public Library seeks an Adult Literacy Education Specialist/Adult Learning Manager!
- Serve as the Library’s lead adult literacy education specialist and as an advisor or resource person on adult literacy to library staff, literacy providers and stakeholders
- Make recommendations regarding kinds and levels of services needed to better serve the primary and secondary target populations
- Plan, organize, and administer the day-to-day and long-range activities and work of the Adult Literacy Resource Center
- Represent the DC Public Library at local, regional, and national meetings related to adult literacy issues and training and library literacy services
- Write proposals to appropriate sources for funding of specific library literacy projects
- In collaboration with the Collections Department, ensure that the library has an up-to-date and responsive collection of adult literacy materials
- Promote the use of library literacy materials and services, advising customers of community literacy services, and involving the library in the network of D.C. and metropolitan Washington adult literacy providers and in national and regional literacy activities
- Implement a training plan to help staff throughout the system build basic skills for effectively engaging with adult learners.
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education required
- At least five years’ experience providing direct public service in a library or as an adult education service provider, including at least 3 years' experience:
- Supervising, training, developing and evaluating staff
- Facilitating group conversations and leading training
- Developing outreach in adult literacy and working with community partners.
- Advising on adult education standards, programming and materials.
- At least two years advising on relevant grants and budget
- Ability to use workplace and other technology, including email, internet, databases, social media, and other software.
- Experience serving diverse populations in a large urban environment preferred.
To apply, or for additional details, please visit our website at http://dclibrary.org/about/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Website: http://www.dclibrary.org