Supervisor - Media Asset Librarian - Mayo Clinic
Location: USA - MN - RochesterAn experienced Media Asset Librarian-Supervisor is sought to assist with the creation and maintenance of an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) system. This will include assisting with the installation of new state-of-the-art DAM system, establishing metadata architecture requirements, hiring and managing a librarian and archiving team, and working with departments across the enterprise to establish and manage media collections following industry standards.
Under minimal supervision, the Supervisor - Media Asset Librarian coordinates multiple public, archival, or complex technical services responsibilities to maintain the MSS service line for patrons and colleagues, using advanced skills. Coordinates tasks related to specialized aspects of the DAM; interprets, develops and implements improvements in policies and workflow; assists patrons in the use of advanced library resources and handles complex requests; has achieved mastery (including problem-solving and development) of multiple advanced technological applications; mentors and trains other library/archive staff; dictates principles regarding metadata architecture and quality control methodology; analyzes ongoing user feedback and experience with DAM software and continually adjusts metadata architecture, display preferences, and access profiles as needed; ensures content published is complete, accurately catalogued, and readily retrievable from the asset repository; assists with permission requests for use of copyrighted material; creates procedure manuals and staff documentation; recommends the addition of digital materials for DAM collections; serves as a liaison between MSS DAM unit and vendors, publishers, suppliers and other libraries; and demonstrates skills with financial functions. The Supervisor - Media Asset Librarian will work closely with the Business/Technical Analyst assigned to the DAM project to accomplish many of the above goals. The Supervisor - Media Asset Librarian may independently manage several work units, a service area with one or more service points. Both professional and non-professional library staff may be supervised. The Supervisor - Media Asset Librarian will provide budgetary and financial management, outreach, project management, external consultations and partnership development. The position may be held by a professional librarian who is widely recognized for specialized professional expertise with digital assets. The Supervisor - Media Asset Librarian leads others (directly or indirectly) and routinely provides guidance, mentoring, consultation and training to colleagues or DAM users. Regularly participates or leads committees or task forces. Routinely provides input, develops, recommends, and applies DAM plans, policies, programs, and services.
- Master's degree in Knowledge Management or Library and Information Studies from an American Library Association-accredited program required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience conducting complex research using databases and/or other subject specific resources
- Advanced knowledge of library systems and multiple electronic applications is required
- Experience searching medical literature is preferred.
- Experience managing teams and coordinating with complex interdepartmental media service pipelines.
- Proficiency with medical terminology is essential.
- Expert level knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required: information services, information management, instruction and instructional design, leadership and management, evidence-based practice and research, and health information professionalism.
- Requires at least 5 years of management or supervisory experience or 8-10 years comparable professional library or archives experience.