Staff Accountant - PRO-TEK Vaults
Location: USA - CA - BurbankPRO-TEK Vaults is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to work from our office location in either Burbank or Thousand Oaks, CA. This individual will support all accounting operations in a very fast-paced environment around A/R, A/P, Payroll, and G/L functions. This is a full-time position, offering competitive salary and benefits for a new and growing organization.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for PRO-TEK Vaults.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements to present to the CFO for review.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies in coordination with Insperity (PEO).
- Coordinates with NetSuite to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At least three years accounting experience
- Understanding of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate and work in a team environment supporting multiple remote employees
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Project and contract related accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the GL, AR, AP, and timekeeping modules in NetSuite is required.
- Background with Insperity (PEO) payroll and MediaPulse are a plus.
- Microsoft Excel skills, including experience with VLOOKUP and pivot tables, helpful.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.