Sort/Select Metadata Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - BurbankLAC Group Content and Archives services division seeks a Sort/Select Metadata Technician for a full-time opportunity to work on a project with a prestigious media client located in the Burbank, CA area. This Sort/Select Metadata Technician is responsible for handling photos, sorting those images to client specifications, and preparing them for storage, to include Metadata This role involves working with content from films from the 1930's forward and is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in and knowledgeable of Motion Picture history (titles, actors, etc.).
- Properly sort images by selection criteria separating “select” images from “non-select” images.
- Accurately identify and count images and place them in proper containers.
- Scanning Images
- Applying metadata within an asset management system
- Moving boxes & pallets (50 lbs)
- Previous photo handling knowledge/experience including handling delicate photos, re-sleeving techniques, and knowledge of negatives/prints/duplicates. Previous experience in a photographic archive, stock photo agency, Publicity Dept. of a motion picture studio or for a Publicist is preferred.
- Flatbed Scanning Experience
- Photojournalism background is helpful but not required
- Comfortable with Google Platform and Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with Photo editing Software
- Clear and Legible Handwriting
- Knowledge of motion picture history is helpful
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.