Serials Bindery Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a qualified Serials Bindery Assistant to work at a major federal library in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of serials records and experience working with an Integrated Library System. Work must be performed on-site. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday - Friday) benefited contract position.
- Pulling selected serials titles from the stacks
- Preparing serial units for shipment to bindery
- Preparing digital bindery tickets
- Creating and updating bibliographic item records and holdings summaries in ILS
- Quality review of all pre-bindable units
- Prior experience working in library technical services
- Experience using an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Ability to analyze and identify serial patterns and records in multiple languages
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to stoop, bend, walk, and reach heights of six (6) feet.
- Prior experience working with serials
- Experience with binding software
- Working knowledge of one Baltic or Eastern European language
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.