Senior Procurement Consultant - HBR Consulting
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteAre you someone who is passionate about deploying a strategic approach in finding and negotiating with vendors that can help clients get what they need, or help clients come up with innovative solutions to complex problems? Do you look for opportunities to collaborate with vendors and client stakeholders alike to develop high-value partnerships? Do you like working in teams with peers and senior leadership, simultaneously leading and supporting projects? If so, this is a day in the life of our Senior Sourcing Consultant, and we invite you to come tell us more about yourself and how you can add value to the HBR team!
HBR Consulting, LLC provides strategic, technology and operational services to clients in the legal, professional and financial services industries. We are a fast-growing Chicago-based consulting company that has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in America for four consecutive years.
Our consultants are a highly talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of core consulting experience across a number of industries and disciplines along with specialized skills in their respective areas of expertise. We truly believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, and so we invest heavily in our talented staff and the support they need – through competitive compensation packages including flexible vacation days; business tools and training to help them do their jobs well, including education credits; and a varied career path within a large and fast growing company.
We are also deeply committed to the communities we work and live in, demonstrated through our HBR Cares donation matching program and our various Employee Resource Groups tackling diversity & inclusion, gender equality, and LGBTQ+ challenges. We also find time to have a little fun, through our Wellness committee, the publication of our annual HBR cookbook, happy hours, all company offsite events and team-based social events.
The practice group you’ll be joining provides procurement managed services to assist clients manage vendor relationships across a variety of indirect and direct categories, reducing or mitigating risk while optimizing business processes, and improving stakeholder value.
- Support and manage all aspects of projects including guiding internal resources, facilitating requirements, gathering and conducting data analysis and research, training and mentoring junior team members and implementing the identified opportunities directly alongside client senior management
- Support engagement financials, practice operations as well as business development and proposal efforts
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs, evaluating and validating analysis
- Develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement and implementing change while minimizing organizational disruption
- Work directly with client management and executives on a routine basis on status as it pertains to engagement progression
- Ensure high quality delivery and provide content leadership
- Structure ill-defined problems, develop and apply conceptual frameworks and analytical approaches, create new tools and methodologies, and develop recommendations for client implementation
- Independently structure, write, and present well—organized and persuasive end products
- Utilize strong communications skills including the ability to command an audience
- Develop new intellectual capital including new and insightful frameworks and analyses
- Promote firm development by taking initiative to identify and cultivate new clients and business opportunities, and identify opportunities to provide additional client value and extension of existing client relationships
- Be a strong team player and developer of consulting staff
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Supply Chain or Management Information Systems required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in industry or consulting team-oriented environment with a focus on strategic sourcing, process improvement, project management and/or financial analysis required
- MBA and/or PMP (or similar certifications) highly desirable
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical business issues
- Exceptional analytic skills and experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Exceptional business acumen, presence and interpersonal/communication skills
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
- Willingness to travel depending on client assignments (0 – 40%)
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.