Senior Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - ArlingtonLAC Group seeks a Senior Librarian to lead a team of librarians and library technicians and oversee the digital collections of a federal information center in Arlington, VA. The Senior Librarian will work closely with the team to ensure that the digital collections are fully integrated into the institution’s collections. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) long-term opportunity with benefits.
- Lead a team in the management, accession, and preservation of the agency’s growing digital collections
- Establish priorities, manage projects, create workflows and identify digital collection development opportunities as informed by emerging trends and best practices in digital collection creation and management.
- Facilitate workflows among staff and serve as the point person for agency stakeholders and user community in relation to digital collections, including repositories and digital asset management systems, cultivating a high level of customer service at all times.
- MLIS from an ALA-Accredited institution
- 5 years of experience managing digital projects in a variety of settings
- Experience performing basic library duties including collection management, reference services, and cataloging
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and implement projects
- Knowledge of emerging technology trends and best practices related to contemporary library and information management.
- Familiarity with digital preservation practices, digital collections development software and understanding of the variety of metadata standards used in digital collections (e.g., EAD, MODS, METS, VRA Core, Dublin Core)
- 2 or more years’ experience with digital collections preferred.
- Experience with XML. Knowledge of one or more scripting and/or programming languages, XSLT, HTML, XHTML, CSS and ADA guidelines.
- Experience working with inter-agency and/or on an inter-institutional collaboration.
- Previous experience providing grant support and/or grant writing. Previous experience with digital repository systems.
- Familiarity with digital conversion technologies, digital object standards, and workflows
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups across an organization to accomplish initiatives
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.