Senior IT Administrator - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - Moncton
LAC Group is seeking a Senior IT Administrator for its Moncton, NB office to work closely with its Clients, Executives and Team Leaders. The position is primarily located in Moncton, NB with a hybrid work policy but we will consider candidates outside of this area to work virtually from anywhere in the US or Canada if they meet the requirements. Required Years of Experience: 5+ years, or 10+ years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
The Senior System Administrator is a key member of the LAC + Wilson Allen IT team and is responsible for effective software installation/configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, release deployment and support of mission critical production application systems and various development/internal systems. In this role, the Senior System Administrator will interface directly with internal teams and customers as well as external vendors as needed and participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of IT this role is critical to the success of LAC Group.
- Responsible for continuing the advancement and implementation of Microsoft 365 technologies throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the Azure cloud management, security and deployment.
- Deploy, administer and monitor Hyper-v virtual machine infrastructure.
- Deploy, administer and monitor on-premise and cloud data back up solutions.
- Migration of on-premise systems to cloud based IT architecture.
- Assist with creation, assessment, and exercising business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Administration and deployment of Enterprise applications.
- Provide integrations between desperate systems using integration tools such as Boomi, Power Automate.
- Implement and manage Endpoint systems management systems based on Microsoft Intune, Endpoint Management and Autopilot.
- Implement IT security controls and monitor systems for threat identification.
- Provide tier III technical support and serve as top escalation point for critical and/or challenging systems issues.
- Provide high-quality, on-time completion of infrastructure projects, and verbal commitments. Provide effective oral and written project status updates and presentations.
- Ensuring high levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interface with Vendors on systems management and systems issues.
- Analyze and resolve tier 2/3 incidents and service requests.
- Support the Group IT team on other projects as needed.
- After hours availability for critical outages and systems implementations.
- College diploma or University degree in IT Computer Systems, Cybersecurity certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft 365 and supporting technologies.
- Experience managing Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory/On-premise Active Directory.
- Proven written, oral and listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in technology and in a mixed environment with a variety of systems.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on new solutions or situations and to disseminate information gathered to others as needed.
- Experience working on and prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Understanding of networking technologies such as, TCPIP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls.
Would be an Asset:
- Azure related Microsoft Certifications.
- Experience in Legal IT systems.
- Experience with Salesforce administration or development
- Experience with security control frameworks such as, NIST, GDPR, HIPPA, SOC2
- CISSP, CompTIA Security+, and related IT security certifications.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workplace.