Senior Information Resources Associate - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New York
LAC Group seeks a Senior Information Resources Associate for a national consulting firm in New York (Manhattan). This position will be responsible for using information tools and databases to conduct a variety of research projects for the global consulting staff and clients. This is a full-time employment opportunity for a creative thinker individual who has vision and enthusiasm to join a global Information Resources team with an established and expanding firm.
- Work with global consulting staff on a wide range of research projects using information tools and proprietary databases to provide information for client projects and business development initiatives
- Provide quick solutions and in-depth research, current awareness services, competitive intelligence and special research to support the firm’s consulting staff
- Work with the information resources team members from other regions and offices to continue to build a global research function through sharing work and experiences
- Help educate consulting staff on research issues and train them on end-user products
- Assist in marketing and developing information services to internal staff globally
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Advanced degree in one of the following is required: information/library science from an accredited program or Masters (MBA) in business or economics; undergraduate degree in economics or finance would be an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a research environment providing business/corporate, and financial information is required
- Understanding/knowledge and experience with database services such as: Bloomberg, CapIQ, FactSet, Thomson One, DataStream, SNL Financial, SNL Energy, BvD Orbis, legal databases (LexisNexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law)
- Experience searching academic/literature/news databases such as Factiva, LexisNexis, Econlit, ProQuest, Dialog, Business Source Corporate, Hein online
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond quickly to requests and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative, and interpretive thought processes
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the Securities Finance industry is an advantage
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- The qualified candidate must be able to work Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm, and additional hours as needed, to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.