Senior Events Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - GreenbeltLAC Group is seeking a Senior Events Manager to work on-site at a Federal Agency in Greenbelt, Maryland. The candidate selected will manage the day to day aspects of medium to high complexity events inducting planning, estimating, scheduling, customer coordination, and closeout. This role will also conduct planning for multiple, simultaneous event efforts. This is a full-time, benefited opportunity. Work will primarily be performed on-site, though occasional telework is an option.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning an event for an organization.
- Responsible for amenities and accommodations at the event as well as any associated contract negotiations.
- Develops response to task plan requests, including budget and schedule
- Obtains estimates for transportation, lodging, and meals
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Coordinates with customers on-site selection, room setup, audio-visual equipment and operators, registration for participants
- Coordinates with customers on the development and support of requirements of event databases and web pages
- Plans the development of agendas, invitations to speakers calls for papers, mailings
- Provides expert advice on the best methods of carrying out a conference
- Provides guidance on establishing registration fees, advance fee collection (when applicable)
- Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices, expense reports and travel vouchers
- Reports to a Project Manager.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within events planning.
- At least 2 years experience as an events manager leading multiple, complex events
- May work independently or, if assistance is required, will provide direction· to other Event Coordinator(s)
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.