Senior Digital Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Senior Digital Librarian to lead the development and maintenance of digital collections for a federal agency library in Washington, D.C. The Librarian will work with agency and library staff to identify and ingest new materials for the digital collections consisting of legacy print and born-digital collections. Once materials have been approved for ingestion into the digital library, the Librarian will oversee the digitization and description of the materials in accordance with agency metadata standards. After the addition to the digital library, the Librarian will promote the use of the collections.
- Identify sources and collections to be digitized, manage the digitization projects and processes, and ensure established national and international data standards are supported in the repository for metadata management, data modeling and metadata workflow.
- Evaluate, select, ingest and promote digital resources and data sets
- Provide input into digital collection development
- Maintain thesaurus and development of new taxonomies;
- Provide digitization services for identified collections
- Participate in taxonomy/ontology development by recommending new technicals, term, or revisions to existing terms
- Ensure all digital objects are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, including the 2018 Information Communication Technology refresh.
- 10+ years of experience providing services comparable to those above
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science (MLS) from a university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of a relevant subject area, especially in transportation, and/or skill set (e.g., a history of publications, speaking on the topics, and presenting to peers).
- Knowledge of MARC, Dublin Core, and experience with locally developed vocabularies and taxonomies
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, for consideration
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.