Senior Cloud Strategy Advisor - HBR Consulting
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteHBR + Wilson Allen + LAC Group are seeking a Senior Cloud Strategy Advisor who will be an entrepreneurial leader to drive growth of our emerging cloud transformation consulting portfolio. This position reports into our Strategy + Transformation practice and will provide oversight, strategic thought leadership, and innovative solutions towards our clients’ cloud strategy work, leveraging strategic and technical expertise as needed. As a cloud strategist, you will partner with clients to understand their technical priorities and challenges, and enable their usage of advanced, enterprise solutions in the cloud. The Company is a rapidly growing, professional services firm that provides services to the legal industry. To date, the Company consists of numerous subsidiaries, and has operations globally in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.
The position is based remotely in the U.S., Canada or U.K.
- Drive the formation and growth of consulting engagements and executive level delivery of the Company’s emerging Cloud Transformation offerings, leveraging thought leadership / technical expertise
- Assist clients in rationalization of their overall application and technology landscape through the lenses of moving to the cloud, maximizing adoption, and meeting future needs
- Develop the Company’s framework for advising legal clients on migration from on-premise/data center technologies to Microsoft Azure and other vendor cloud products; key elements include approach, software, staffing, pricing/cost optimization, best practices, market positioning, and competitive landscape
- Advise clients on suggest path forward as existing (generally legal-specific) platforms move to the cloud
- Cultivate customer relationships and become a trusted advisor, providing prescriptive guidance in the development of people, process and technology for our clients; leverages existing relationships with Microsoft and other 3rd parties (preferable)
- Work with cross functional Company, Partner and Client senior IT leadership on enterprise and domain adaption and to develop / execute team transformations to support a post-cloud environment, including role and skill set assessment, training and development programs, hiring, and team realignment
- Advise on modernization / digital transformation of IT applications, resourcing and spend
- Lead programs and projects that develop the necessary processes, systems, and skills to manage cloud migrations and ongoing operations
- Serve as thought leader in the industry to include authoring white papers, speaking at events and with individual clients, and leading customer sessions.
- Responsible for practice growth through capability definition, pricing, business development, delivery leadership and resource development
- Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client
- Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings
- Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related industry / consulting experience working with enterprise clients, including at least 5 years in a leadership role leading technology strategy and development, professional services industry knowledge is a plus
- Experience with large-scale, cloud-based applications, including cloud architecture, implementation lead, and strategy + Cloud Enabled and Cloud native solutions
- Experience leading multi-year cloud transformation programs for large scale organizations (IaaS, PaaS, Big Data)
- Expert-level experience guiding the delivery of enterprise cloud solutions (e.g., Azure, 365) at scale and within the constraints of policies and/or compliance regulations
- Prior experience owning Cloud Transformation Portfolio P&L through the leadership of capability definition and delivery paired with business development, proven ability to think at a strategic level by viewing things from a broader perspective than day-to-day operations
- Works cooperatively and effectively in a highly matrixed organization to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Proven experience with change management and ability to work in rapidly changing environment which is often time sensitive, and deadline driven
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in preparing white papers and informational memoranda on technical areas of interest, such as tactical edge architecture, service integration, etc.
- Travel will be required up to 50%, based on business and client needs
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.