Senior Buyer/Procurement Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - MA - Boston
LAC Group Spend Management, a cost management/procurement consulting division of LAC Group, seeks a Contract to Permanent Senior Buyer/Procurement Specialist for a digital/technologies organization in the North Boston area. The main responsibilities for this newly created position include assisting in the development of a formal procurement and sourcing function, helping to oversee global indirect spend, and ensuring the most favorable terms and conditions for goods and services procured. This role will work very closely on a day to day basis with LAC Spend Management in the category optimization process.
This role will have high visibility across the organization. As such, he/she must be comfortable and adept in communicating with Senior Executive leaders. The role includes responsibilities at all client facilities and will require some travel to other facilities/locations in order to establish / maintain key business stakeholder relationships as well as to support specific strategic initiatives.
- Refine and standardize regional/corporate purchasing policies and procedures
- Assist LAC Spend Management team in developing procurement strategy aligning with business initiatives
- Optimization of internal processes, work flows and interfaces to improve efficiency and productivity
- Work with LAC Spend Management to manage the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification, selection and contract negotiation for all categories.
- Reporting and analyses of sourcing activities at the group and functional levels
- Work closely with LAC Spend Management to develop annual functional goals, including cost savings targets, in collaboration with the Business Units and Finance.
- Support the on-going management of strategic suppliers to drive cost savings, continuous improvement, strategy compliance and value creation
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in a buyer/procurement role. Previous experience in a tech-centric/SAAS products and services based organization is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Excellent contract management skills are essential combined with strong knowledge of strategic sourcing procedures, cost reduction initiatives, and negotiation techniques.
- Previous experience in vendor evaluations and project management with demonstrated results.
- Procurement systems experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as analysis tools.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.