Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - LAC Group
Location: UK - Virtual - Remote
LAC Group seeks an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join a successful team of researchers and analysts supporting and participating in business development for a global energy/oil company. Responsibilities will include participating and contributing to business development projects, preparing actionable deliverables, compiling updating heat maps on various topics related to alternative fuels, upstream/downstream oil & energy production, and related intellectual property. Projects will include working with business development teams and contribute to new and on-going projects. Research requests will cover business & competitive intelligence, oil and gas (upstream/downstream), energy emerging technologies, patent research, alternative fuels and related topics. This is a dual analysis and managerial role. This is a virtual position in the UK without the need to travel to an office on a regular basis, however there will be some travel to client sites and conferences and there is a regular Monday-Friday work schedule (including internal and team-based video conferencing).
- Independently conduct comprehensive searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff.
- Produce and distribute curate alerting bulletins covering technical subjects of recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitor new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies.
- Provide analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interact with senior staff to help assess information/resource needs and suggest projects or services where the analyst team can best meet those needs.
- Present research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., via Skype and other desktop technologies.
- In addition to analysis, this position will mentor and provide leadership to other team members to implement and sustain information services, content and applications, including those linked to website and delivered via SharePoint.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in technical information research and/or analysis.
- Knowledge of patent and intellectual property trends analysis, including landscaping.
- Experience/knowledge of the energy, gas, petroleum industries is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry or closely related science.
- Experience with databases/search services including: STN Express, Chemical Abstracts, Derwent World Patents Index, Compendex, EnCompLit, EnCompPat, Dow-Jones Factiva, Elsevier Scopus and MineSoft PatBase.
- Familiarity with tools such as Tableau, Manzama, SAS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; business writing skills a must. (NOTE: writing sample will be required)
- Flexible attitude, team player.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.