Senior Branch Assistant - Pierce County Library System
Location: USA - WA - Tacoma
The Pierce County Library System is currently seeking a Senior Branch Assistant to provide support at the Tacoma, WA location. The branch assistant will perform a variety of technical library and clerical support functions for the Pierce County Library System. Responsibilities include providing customer service to the public; responding to customer inquiries; conducting circulation, reference, and readers’ advisory tasks; assisting in processing library materials and maintaining branch or Outreach Services facilities and collections; acting on behalf of the Supervisor in their absence; and performs other related duties as assigned. Floating roles will be assigned to work across a variety of worksites/branches within a given region.
- Responds to public inquiries and provides service to customers in person and by telephone; assists in resolving customer issues and complaints; assists customers in locating library materials, monitors customer behavior.
- Receives and processes fines for library fees and fines; waives library fines as warranted; counts and balances monies received for library fees and fines; prepares bank deposits and/or weekly financial reports.
- Performs a variety of circulation duties.
- Conducts routine reference and/or readers’ advisory functions.
- Instructs and assists customers in the use of library equipment, computers, and databases; monitors equipment for proper functioning. Schedules meeting room usage.
- Unpacks, processes, sorts, and shelves library materials as necessary; maintains periodicals and/or other assigned collection materials.
- Prepares and maintains displays; updates bulletin boards, posters, and flyers. Participates in coordinating and administering library programming as assigned.
- Performs general clerical duties including coordinating the ordering of office supplies.
- Performs opening and closing duties; ensures the building is properly secured.
- Acts on behalf of the Supervisor in his/her absence and performs related duties.
- Performs a variety of functions to include other duties as assigned or required.
- Interprets, applies, and explains the Library’s policies and procedures; resolves customer concerns and requests.
- Demonstrates punctuality and regular and consistent attendance.
Core Skills & Qualities
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Change and Learning
- Positive Attitude
- Professional Integrity
Please apply here
In addition to completing the application,a resume and cover letter are required. To be considered for this position, please apply and submit required documentation through this site no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Applications received after the deadline and resumes received without cover letter will not be considered.