Researcher (Part-Time, Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a Part-Time Temporary Researcher for a professional and research services company in the Washington DC metro area. The Researcher will be responsible for conducting legislative, legal and corporate research as part of the Information Resource Team. This is a part-time temporary position (20 hours per week during normal business hours) that could potentially become a full-time employment role. The position will initially be virtual but will eventually turn into more of a hybrid position (both virtual and on-site work).
- Provide expert and cost-effective research and literature search services for published and grey literature in a variety of subject areas (e.g., health, education, social sciences)
- Develop sound search strategies, execute searches with a systematic approach, and document search methods both independently and in collaboration with other librarians
- Contribute to the library's support of expert-level literature reviews, by leading effective project consultations and participating in search methodology discussions as appropriate
- Manage search results with bibliographic software programs (e.g., EndNote)
- Communicate effectively with requestors to understand, guide, and meet their research needs
- Provide support for the library’s user education program
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science
- At least 2 years of library experience, including at least 1 year of demonstrated bibliographic database searching, preferably in a corporate or research setting
- Demonstrated experience in conducting complex and expert bibliographic database searches (e.g., ProQuest, PubMed, EBSCO)
- Demonstrated background in literature review process and methodologies, including use of citation managers for literature reviews
- High level of research, analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work both independently and as a team member
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs and willingness to learn
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel)
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.