Researcher - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonAre you a news or policy enthusiast? Are you curious and seeking a job that lets you work for a company that is researching the answers to important business and social issues?
LAC Group is seeking an enthusiastic Researcher to join our team of market intelligence editors, analysts and researchers. The researcher will become part of a team that is currently researching local regulations and policies related to the cannabis industry in the U.S.
Future responsibilities could include supporting other clients by delivering a wide range of customized content, ranging from strategic analysis of competitive landscapes, to specialized monitoring of social media, general media and subscription sources to create curated intelligence reporting on emerging issues and trends, including reporting on competitors, clients, and prospects. This position will be based in our office in Moncton, New Brunswick, where employees have an option to work a hybrid schedule that includes office and work-from-home time.
Our growing team is a smart, highly talented group with a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We place a high value on teamwork, editorial mindsets, intellectual curiosity and a desire to make a difference.
- Scanning U.S. municipal and state cannabis regulations and adding relevant regulations to a tracking report
- Identifying certain requirements within those regulations and creating audit or checklist questions based on those requirements
- Implementing feedback and edits from the client
- Updating and maintain the data on an ongoing basis
- One to three years’ experience in a related position.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with regulations/regulatory language
- Good writing skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma; preferably in paralegal studies, journalism, business, economics, or marketing is preferred;
- Strong reading, editing and writing skills;
- Proficient in a variety of online data, news and information sources;
- Essential technology skills and use of Microsoft Office tools;
- A sharp eye for detail, a good sense of relevance and the ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Must have a comfort level with newsroom-type environment (deadlines, efficiency, react well to pressure situations, etc.) Working conditions include extended periods working in front of a computer and respecting daily and monthly deadlines;
- Good communications skills (verbal and written).
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.