Research Supervisor - LAC Group
Location: UK - Virtual - Remote
LAC Group is seeking a Research Supervisor, having native language capability in Either Russian or Chinese, to join its UK team. In addition to either Russian or Chinese, the person fulfilling this role must have near-native capability in English, including the ability to write grammatically correct English. This is a full-time, salaried position for someone who is resident in the UK. Non-UK residents cannot be considered. The successful candidate will work mainly from home but he/she will be required to attend the company’s UK offices, in SE England, at least once per month. The Research Supervisor will maintain current and accurate information in the company’s proprietary database: CUBE, about laws and regulations applicable to Financial Services, through your own research and the supervision of research assignments by contract researchers.
- Train contract researchers on CUBE research processes, CUBE data entry and the CUBE data quality standard.
- Supervise the work of your assigned contract researchers through weekly meetings, monitoring working hours and monitoring data quality.
- Coach contract researchers to improve the quality and efficiency of their output.
- Build positive working relationships with contract researchers to improve retention.
- Through a combination of your own research, and supervision of contract researchers:
- Research the laws and regulations of your assigned countries and sectors, to identify information requirements for businesses.
- Enter information requirements into the database, including citation and relevant extracts in English and the native language, and the classification of requirements to facilitate data manipulation.
- Ensure that your data entry complies with current data quality standards.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments in your assigned countries and sectors, to identify future requirements and provide commentary on their potential impact on businesses.
- Monitor data quality of your assigned countries and sectors in the database (including data entered by others) to detect and resolve data quality issues.
- Provide advice on research methodology.
- Provide advice on the future development of the database.
- Good research skills with an ability to analyse and interpret complex information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English (UK).
- Ability to train, motivate, monitor and coach staff.
- Good knowledge of office applications including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint, and ability to work with electronic research resources.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
- Proven team skills.
- Fluent in either Russian or Chinese.
- Knowledge of records management principles.
- Knowledge of legal citation, concepts & terminology, and law-making and publishing processes.
- Legal qualification.
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.