Research Specialist, Document Delivery - LAC Group
Location: RemoteLAC Group is seeking a full-time, Research Specialist – Document Delivery, to work virtually for our Library as a Service (LaaS) platform. The Research Specialist will join a team of researchers in staffing a busy and diverse virtual research desk, performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development and other research from LaaS clients. All research and communication will be performed online and by phone, using both paid databases and open sources. The Research Specialist will report directly to the Senior Director of Research Services and work with research analysts to complete research requests in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner. Research will be delivered directly to clients using a virtual reference desk platform.
This is a full-time, benefitted virtual position that can work from any location in the US or Canada. This is an entry-level position focused on case and docket pulls, literature searches, public records searches, document procurement, and other general duties to support the research team.
- Perform case pulls and literature searches;
- Perform docket pulls and searches (state and federal)
- Participate in basic legal research including corporate filings and public record searches;
- Responsible for accurate document ordering;
- Communicate progress and research findings directly to client, clearly and concisely;
- Keep Senior Director apprised of research activities, client concerns, and issues that arise in the course of research;
- Other duties as the arise according to client requests
- 1-3 years previous experience is desired;
- Previous experience working in a law firm is preferred;
- MLS/MLIS preferred, though work experience or a similar or related degree may take the place of MLS/MLIS;
- Legal research skills including but not limited to docket and case law research (both state and federal), secondary sources, and practice guidance
- Experience with corporate and business development research including gathering information from diverse sources;
- Exceptional client service skills, particularly via written communication
- Superior organizational skills, particularly with delivering concisely formatted and organized deliverables
- Strong verbal and writing skills, with a keen eye to detail and presentation
- Google Suite experience a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.