Research & Library Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group is seeking a Research and Library Manager for a prestigious law firm with offices located in Southern California (located in Los Angeles, Orange County or San Diego). The Research and Library Manager position will be responsible for managing the entire law library SoCal research team as well as growing the team, training, conducting legal research, and communicating with the attorneys and legal staff. Research and Library Manager can be located in any of the three locations (position will initially be remote due to Covid).
- Manage the Southern California research team located across three offices (Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego).
- Hire and train research staff.
- Perform advanced research support for attorneys and professional staff.
- Assist Law Library Director with any special projects or tasks.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or allied discipline in an accredited program is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of high level basic and advanced legal research in a law firm or corporate environment is required.
- 2+ years of supervisor experience of a research team in a law firm or corporate environment is required.
- Proficiency in research tools including Westlaw, Lexis, Capital IQ, Thomson One, Pitchbook, Mergermarket, Bloomberg and Newsdesk.
- A demonstrated knowledge and passion for legal research is strongly preferred.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.