Research Librarian (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a Temporary Research Librarian for a prestigious national law firm. This position will be responsible for gathering, synthesizing and delivering legal, business and technical information to attorneys and staff; providing training and assistance in the use of a variety of research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management tools; and collaborating with teammates, practice groups and staff to provide innovative solutions that support the complex, evolving research needs of clients. This position can be remote/virtual based or work out of any of the client firm’s offices and will run through the end of 2019.
- Collaborate with a nation-wide team of librarians to provide comprehensive and sophisticated research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management services for attorneys and staff in all offices.
- Provide outreach, training, and on-demand assistance to attorneys and staff in cost-effective and efficient use of research resources.
- 4+ years’ legal reference and research experience, preferably in a law or corporate library
- Masters in Library and Information Science and/or Juris Doctor degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with major legal and business research platforms, public records resources, competitive intelligence tools, and state and federal legal information sources.
- Knowledge of emerging information delivery technologies, including portals, software-as-a-service, and mobile. Experience with collaboration software.
- Knowledge of subscription licensing and copyright law is a plus.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.