Research Librarian (temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group seeks a Temporary Research Librarian for a boutique Intellectual Property law firm located in Washington, DC. This role is responsible for undertaking reference/research services for all attorneys and staff and will utilize all relevant information and knowledge resources available to the firm. This is a full-time temporary position lasting about 8-10 weeks.
- Handle research and reference requests from the firm's timekeepers
- Provide a comprehensive inter-library loan and document delivery service. Research to identify appropriate reference materials, books, journals, other services available from external libraries and 3rd party vendors, using online library catalogs to assist inter-library loan and document delivery efforts.
- Manage current library resources (create new user accounts, password maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Undertake any other activities/projects as assigned by the Library Committee or Marketing Department
- Master’s degree in information and library studies or related field is strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of professional library experience in a law firm, corporate or professional services environment.
- Strong research skills with online legal research tools; Experience with legal, business, and IP related research tools (Westlaw, Derwent Innovation, Docket Navigator, Monitor Suite, etc.) preferred but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (at least one (1) year)
- Ability to work independently to meet client needs
- Strong time management skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.