Research Librarian - LAC Grouup
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a full-time, experienced Research Librarian to work for a prestigious law firm’s office in the Washington DC metro area. The Research Librarian will report to the Director of Library Services and conduct domestic and international legal, legislative, corporate, and business development research. The hours for this position will be 9 AM ET – 5:30 PM ET. This position will initially be remote and will transition into a hybrid role.
- Perform complex legal and non-legal research, including legislative and regulatory histories, using online and print resources.
- Assist attorneys and staff with research queries/strategy and current awareness monitoring.
- Assist in the Conflicts and New Matter intake process, including due diligence research on potential clients.
- Work closely with Marketing and other administrative departments to support the firm’s client development and other business initiatives.
- Assist with the library’s integrated library system, intranet pages, and other products and systems used to deliver information and services.
- Pursue continuing education opportunities and read professional literature to stay current on technological and research developments and industry best practices.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a research role in a law firm library.
- Experience performing legal, legislative, corporate, business, competitive intelligence, and due diligence research.
- Proficient in standard online research resources including, but not limited to: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, Cheetah, and Hoovers, Microsoft Office programs, SharePoint. Experience with restricted party screening databases (e.g., World-Check) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.