Research Librarian - LAC Grouup
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is looking for an experienced Research Librarian to work at a major Federal Library in Beltsville, MD. The Librarian will work to assist in acquiring, evaluating and synthesizing research and information products focused on animal welfare in agriculture and scientific research. This is a short-term role (renewed annually), full-time (40 hours per week; Monday - Friday), benefited position. Work is currently being performed remotely.
- Analyze and assess information products using the National Agriculture Library Thesaurus (NALT) and other tools in order to improve the accuracy and coverage of searches.
- Conduct literature searches in bibliographic databases and other appropriate sources for relevant citations
- Conduct literature reviews to assist team members with requests
- Provide instruction to internal and external customers about literature searching, use of citation management systems, and improving indexing of scientific citations.
- Report tasks and results through meetings and written reports.
- Master’s Degree in information or library science
- A degree in relevant field with 2-3 experience working in a library may substitute for a library degree.
- Practical knowledge of a wide range of techniques, methods, sources, and procedures within the functional information area (e.g., database searching, reference, website management and use of new and emerging technology tools to share information). Ability to effectively search and use the internet and bibliographic databases.
- Knowledge of information management, thesauri, taxonomies, and the construction of bibliographies is essential.
- Ability to meet strict standards for quality and compliance.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.