Research & Knowledge Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a Research & Knowledge Analyst to join a prominent law firm’s Washington, D.C. office. The Research & Knowledge Analyst will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality research and knowledge management and works on an alternating schedule. This is a full-time position offering competitive salary and benefits in a collaborative environment.
- Responsible for researching and providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the firm.
- Analyzes legal, corporate and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Helps plan and implement department outreach, training and orientation programs.
- Assists with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources.
- Supports research and Knowledge Management initiatives for firm attorneys and staff across the globe, incorporating new technology.
- Performs ready reference and in-depth research on legal, corporate and other topics using online and print resources.
- Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
- Creates and maintains new business alert services that identify matters of interest to existing and potential clients.
- Creates and maintains current awareness alert services.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via firm-wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
- Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KS websites and databases.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research requests.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent experience (minimum of eight years) and
- Minimum of two years research experience in a law firm or corporate library.
- Expertise in using computer-based research tools including but not limited to: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, Intelligize, Securities Mosaic, Practical Law, Fastcase, PLI, Capital IQ, Deal Point Data.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Proven ability in using web page editors.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.