Research Analyst (temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Palo AltoLAC Group is looking for a temporary Research Analyst to work as part of a creative and service orientated team for our client, a large law firm with offices nation-wide. The Research Analyst is primarily responsible for responding to research and reference requests from attorneys and administrative personnel firm-wide. The preferred locations for this role are Silicon Valley and San Francisco. We will also consider candidates able to work at the firm’s Washington DC, New York, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles and Chicago offices. The required hours for this role are 9:00AM – 6:00PM PST. Candidates able to work these hours, 40 hours per week, will be given preference, however hours are flexible as long as the selected individual is able to work until 6:00PM PST. This position will continue through the end of November 2019.
- Legal and business research and reference using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites.
- Document retrieval, including dockets, cases, articles, etc.
- Setting up current awareness and docket alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree; MLS preferred but may substitute substantial law library experience.
- 2+ years’ experience providing legal and business research and reference services in a law library, with law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use Pacer, PacerPro, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, Google Scholar and other resources to find and retrieve documents.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong client service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.