Virtual Corporate Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a Virtual Corporate Research Analyst to be part of a progressive global business intelligence team supporting our project at a large global energy/climate tech company. This role will work independently as well as within a global business intelligence team providing research, analysis, business/competitive intelligence, market research, patent review, etc. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious junior candidate or recent graduate with an interest in innovation.
This is a growth-oriented full-time position that can be location-agnostic but synchronized to the timelines and business needs coming from client locations in the US as well as UK and mainland Europe. Candidates can be located in anywhere in the US or Canada.
Ideal candidates will have some business/competitive/patent research experience in growth industry (tech, energy, chemical, etc). Additionally, experience with databases like Pitchbook, CB Insights and market intelligence tools is a plus.
- Independently conducts retrospective literature and patent searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff.
- In addition, be capable of conducting insightful and informative review and analysis of information to supplement / complement this research so as to add to the requestors overall understanding of the information
- Produces and distributes regular alerting bulletins covering business, marketplace and technical subjects of new and / or recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitors new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies. Provide market intelligence in sync with internal business partners and business development initiatives.
- Provides analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interacts with senior staff in the group and other business units to help assess information needs and suggest projects or services where Technology Intelligence can best meet those needs.
- Presents research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., in a variety of methods ranging from onsite to zoom, skype, telephony, etc. as needed.
- Works with other team members to implement and sustain information services, including those linked to the LIS website and delivered via SharePoint.
- At least 1 year of experience in technical information research and/or analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related sciences.
- Experience with tech/market intelligence databases/search services such as: Pitchbook, CB Insights, Dealroom, Alphansese
- Experience with a range of industry related databases and search strategies is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills coupled with a passion for synthesizing complex data points into actionable insights
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.