Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a full-time, experienced Research Analyst to work remotely in our Virtual Research department, with a particular focus on Securities and Corporate practice areas. The Research Analyst is one of a team of researchers staffing a busy and topically diverse virtual research desk, performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development, and other research from LAC clients. All research and communication is performed online, using both paid databases and open sources. The Research Analyst reports directly to their Research Services Manager and works with other Analysts to complete research requests in a timely, professional, and cost-effective manner. Research results are ultimately delivered directly to clients via a virtual reference desk platform.
LAC’s Virtual department has been on the cutting edge of remote research services for a decade. In that time, we have worked to foster a supportive, engaging and collegial atmosphere in our remote work environment. Staffed from coast to coast, our team is composed of talented and knowledgeable researchers who are passionate about locating and analyzing information, and who take pride in presenting their findings and engaging with clients in an accessible, customer service-centered manner.
This is a full-time, 100% virtual position that can be located anywhere in the US or Canada working 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST.
- Perform securities/finance/corporate-based research for LAC clients using both paid databases (including Bloomberg Terminal, etc.) and open sources (web searches, government databases, phone research, etc.). Perform additional research including legal, business development, etc. as needed.
- Communicate progress and research findings directly to client in a clear and concise manner;
- Work with clients to clarify research objectives when necessary and provide timely follow-up on pending requests;
- Maintain current understanding of research methods and tools, including database enhancements and updates;
- Keep management apprised of research activities, client concerns, and issues that arise in the course of research;
- Work as a team with other Research Analysts to provide seamless service to clients, including but not limited to complex and long-term projects;
- Provide direction and updates to the research team regarding ongoing client projects;
- On occasion, manage small research teams to accomplish more complex research objectives;
- Manage database access and other resources used for research;
- Other duties as they arise according to client requests.
- At least 2 years of experience as a finance/securities researcher in a law firm library or similar corporate environment;
- MLS or JD preferred, though work experience or a similar or related degree may take the place of MLS/JD;
- Extensive experience with securities and corporate-focused databases such as Intelligize, Capital IQ, FactSet, Dealogic, Mergermarket, SNL Financial, Filings Expert, etc. Bloomberg Terminal experience is strongly preferred;
- Exceptional client service skills, particularly via written communication;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and efficiently interact with colleagues and clients alike;
- Current experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as G-Suite applications (Drive, Sheets, Docs);
- Willingness to be trained to conduct research on other practice areas and request types, as needed.
- Advanced legal research skills performed in a multi-practice environment, including but not limited to docket and case law research, secondary sources, and general practice guidance;
- Experience with corporate and business development research including gathering information from diverse sources (annual reports, SEC filings, Secretary of State records, case law, patent and trademark applications and records, lobbying activity, etc.);
- Experience with open-source research beyond search engine use, including government and non-profit databases, think tanks and academic sources