Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a full-time, experienced Research Analyst to work remotely in our Virtual Research department. The Research Analyst is one of a team of researchers staffing a busy and topically diverse virtual research desk, performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development, and other research from LAC clients. All research and communication is performed online, using both paid databases and open sources. The Research Analyst reports directly to their Research Services Manager and works with other Analysts to complete research requests in a timely, professional, and cost-effective manner. Research results are ultimately delivered directly to clients via a virtual reference desk platform.
LAC’s Virtual department has been on the cutting edge of remote research services for nearly a decade. In that time, we have worked to foster a supportive, engaging and collegial atmosphere in our remote work environment. Staffed from coast to coast, our team is composed of talented and knowledgeable researchers who are passionate about locating and analyzing information, and who take pride in presenting their findings and engaging with clients in an accessible, customer service-centered manner.
This is a full-time, 100% virtual position that can be located anywhere in the US. The virtual team has several different shifts. The current opening is for Monday - Friday from 11 AM - 8 PM PT/2 PM - 11 PM ET.
- Perform legal, corporate, business development, background, and other research for LAC clients using both paid databases (Westlaw, Lexis, etc.) and open sources (web searches, government databases, phone research, etc.)
- Communicate progress and research findings directly to clients in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Work with clients to clarify research objectives when necessary and provide prompt follow-up on pending requests
- Maintain current understanding of required research methods and tools, including database enhancements and updates
- Keep management apprised of research activities, client concerns, and issues arising in the course of research
- Work as a team with other Research Analysts to provide seamless service to clients, including but not limited to complex and long-term projects
- Provide direction and updates to research team regarding ongoing client projects
- On occasion, manage small research teams focused on accomplishing more complex research objectives
- Manage database access and other resources used for research
- Other duties as they arise according to client requests
- At least 2 years of experience as a researcher in a law firm library or similar corporate environment
- MLS or JD preferred, though work experience or a similar or related degree may take the place of MLS/JD
- Advanced legal research skills performed in a multi-practice environment, including but not limited to docket and case law research, secondary sources, and general practice guidance
- Experience with corporate and business development research, including gathering information from diverse sources (annual reports, SEC filings, Secretary of State records, case law, patent and trademark applications and records, lobbying activity, etc.)
- Extensive experience with legal and business databases
- Experience with open source research beyond search engine use, including government and non-profit databases, think tanks, and academic sources
- Exceptional client service skills, particularly via written communication
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and efficiently interact with colleagues and clients alike
- Current experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as G-Suite applications (Drive, Sheets, Docs)
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.