Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks full-time, experienced Research Analysts for a large national law firm with offices throughout the country. The Research Analyst will be responsible for researching and providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the Firm. They will be responsible for analyzing legal, corporate and general resources and communicating findings in a clear and concise manner. There are multiple shifts available and candidates can work virtually or hybrid (onsite and virtual) depending on location/shift.
The locations/shifts are:
- Monday-Friday, 1-9 ET, based out of the New York office. This position offers a fully remote or a hybrid work model.
- Monday-Friday, 1-9 ET, 12-8 CT, or 10-6 PT, based out of New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Los Angeles, Palo Alto or Wilmington. This position offers a fully remote or a hybrid work model, depending on location.
- Sunday-Thursday, 1-9 ET, based out of the New York office. This position offers a fully remote or a hybrid work model.
- Supports research and Knowledge Management (KM) initiatives for Firm attorneys and staff across the globe, incorporating new technology.
- Performs cost-efficient ready reference and in-depth research on legal, corporate and other topics using online and print resources.
- Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
- Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
- Creates and maintains alert services that identify matters of interest to attorneys, as well as existing and potential clients.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via Firm-wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
- Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KS websites and databases.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Provides full-service research and KM support if working remotely from the office.
- Assists with evaluating new and updated versions of information resources, online and print sources, and recommends beneficial information sources for the Firm.
- Develops information network within and outside the Firm.
- Develops subject guides, tip sheets and training materials as department needs and resources change.
- Monitors email on firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff in other offices to complete pending requests.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research and KM requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Assists other department staff members when needed.
- Master's Degree in Library Science is strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience conducting research in a legal or corporate information center
- Proficient in using computer-based research tools: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, Intelligize, Practical Law, Fastcase, PLI, Capital IQ, Deal Point Data, CCH Cheetah, etc.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.