Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - San FranciscoLAC Group is seeking a dynamic Research Analyst to work as part of an energetic, creative and service orientated team at a prestigious law firm’s San Francisco or Silicon Valley office. The Research Analyst is primarily responsible for responding to reference and research requests from attorneys, legal assistants and administrative personnel firm-wide and also assists with current awareness monitoring, collection development and other department activities.
- Performing legal, business and scientific reference and research using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites
- Working with designated practice groups to offer targeted research, training and product support and participating in collection development activities, reviewing materials and recommending changes
- Collaborating with Research Services colleagues in the US and abroad to provide research and support to all firm offices
- Assisting with current awareness services by developing requests, monitoring output and summarizing results
- Contributing to the development of content for the intranet
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school.
- Minimum of two years of recent, professional level legal and business research experience, preferably in a law firm or other similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make cost-effective use of a wide range of print and online resources, including Westlaw, LexisAdvance, Law 360, Wolters Kluwer and Bloomberg BNA .
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Able to analyze, cull and summarize search results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.