Remote Content Tagger / Metadata Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking a Remote Content Tagger / Metadata Specialist for a world-renowned media/entertainment organization. The role will be responsible for reviewing, researching and/or viewing media assets to add comprehensive temporal metadata within a predefined methodology on the organization’s complete asset collection. Candidates must possess strong story analysis/script coverage skills and a strong attention to detail.
Your work will enhance great content and empower creatives, consumers, and executives. This is a full-time, benefitted, LAC Group staff position that can be location-agnostic in the US or Canada but synchronized; as needed; to the timelines and business needs from our client’s primary location.
- Review digital media assets to create and/or edit pre-existing metadata to capture necessary content information in compliance with establish standards and methodologies to support users discover new content.
- Search and find an image in the system and then tag certain metadata to that image from a drop-down taxonomy.
- Create, edit and update metadata tags according to complex predefined organization-based methodology and work within the content management system.
- Communicate and work within a large project team.
- Manage workflow and meet project deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Prior writing or script reader or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience in metadata tagging for multimedia (photo, film, tv, print, etc.) materials or related experience.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management software and metadata standards.
- Solid understanding of characters, storylines, storyline development, and character development.
- Strong attention to detail and adept at internet research.
- Comfortable and capable of working with abstract concepts.
- Flexibility amid an evolving environment is a must.
- Must be committed to and adhering to the established work schedule and productivity goals.
- Self-motivated and able to follow instructions and work within a team, as well as independently.
- Capable of working within defined standards, exercising informed and independent judgment, as well as identifying when edge cases warrant collaborative discussions among team members and leadership.
- Computer savvy and comfortable working in multiple platforms, databases, and systems, where systems, procedures, and tools are in a continual state of evolution.
- Prior experience editing and working with metadata is strongly preferred, especially metadata for film/tv or related.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and/or digital asset platforms a plus.
- Entertainment industry background and/or strong personal interest in / knowledge of entertainment and comic book properties is a plus.
- Knowledge of / passion for Anime and international content is a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple languages, is a plus.