Reference Librarian (part-time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - Greenbelt
LAC Group seeks a Reference Librarian for a part-time assignment with a prestigious government library located in Greenbelt, MD. This is a 10-week assignment, for 24 hours each week, starting on May 20th. The selected candidate must be able to work onsite Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for the duration of the role.
- Providing reference assistance, library instruction for print and electronic resources, collection development and the creation of bibliographies.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA; or degree in progress
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
- Experience in providing reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a variety of databases
- Ability to learn quickly, be adaptable, and take on new tasks
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.