Reference Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - Bethesda
LAC Group is looking for 2 Reference Librarians to support ongoing information dissemination efforts in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. This is an exciting learning opportunity in the emerging field of disaster health information. This is a temporary assignment full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) on-site opportunity. Must be a US citizen and able to pass a background check.
- Updating and maintaining existing materials on health issues related to specific disaster topics or incidents
- Updating and maintaining a website using a custom content management system (CMS).
- Testing new website and CMS features and working collaboratively with technical lead and developers to troubleshoot issues and defects.
- Ensuring all materials are Section 508 compliant
- Selection, data entry, and writing annotations for disaster medicine and public health emergency grey literature database, https://disasterinfo.nlm.nih.gov/disaster-lit
- Assisting partners, collaborators, and audiences by responding to inquiries; scheduling, planning, and attending meetings; meeting minute preparation, and corresponding via phone or email
- Testing and review of disaster health databases and mobile applications Assist in the updating and maintenance of existing training classes (online and in-person) and participation in disaster health information continuing education classes
- Attending meetings with potential opportunities to interact with disaster medicine and public health professionals and librarians
- Managing administration of Listservs
- Monitoring of multiple RSS feeds, social media, and other resources for new material to add to a Disaster Lit
- Monitoring, content development, and posting on the Twitter account, GovDelivery, and other tools for promoting agencies resources
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled or a graduate of an accredited MLS program.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Writing sample required.
- Demonstrated experience publishing content to Web sites, use of a content management system (CMS) preferred.
- At least one year of professional level work experience
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products
- Background in science, public health, allied health, emergency management desirable, but not required.
- Experience with section 508 compliance highly desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics and/or other analytics software
- Demonstrated professional experience with social media marketing
- Demonstrated experience with basic HTML coding and code manipulation
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute to consensus-based decision making
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as directed
- Able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level
- General computer and email skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.