Reference Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - Beltsville
LAC Group is seeking a Reference Librarian with a federal agency located in Beltsville, MD. The Librarian will provide in-person and virtual reference service, create online research guides, and respond to complex reference questions. Work will be performed on site. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) position with benefits. U.S. citizenship required.
- Provide reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a wide variety of databases.
- Respond to complex reference questions, including conducting systematic literature searches.
- Prepare online research guides on education topics by working closely with the client and designing a user-based architecture.
- Review the metadata and suggests improvements; report on findings and progress.
- Contribute to outreach activities to promote the use of the agency’s services and collections.
- Stay abreast of information needs and trends; stay abreast of trends in library and information technology.
- Manage or contributes to special projects as assigned.
- Master’s degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited college or university.
- Experience in provision of reference services.
- Experience preparing pathfinders, and modifying or editing web-based subject guides
- Experience repairing broken web-links
- Experience improving overall web content and contributing ideas to improve user experience
- Experience using Google Analytics to produce and present detailed reports on specific information
- Ability to write useful search strategies for online databases
- Ability to recommended improved taxonomies for indexing
- Preferred: demonstrated knowledge of agricultural topics such as rural communities, water quality and agricultural ecosystems.
- Experience writing and preparing reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.
- Experience working in a customer service capacity.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.