Project Manager/Lead Library Technician - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Lead Library Technician for a contract within a prestigious government library in Washington, D.C. This is anticipated to be a one-year assignment, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) with benefits.
- Management of a team involved in the unpacking of collections, in the control and maintenance of shelf order, and in the preparation, transport and sorting of various other collection materials.
- Compilation of statistical data to produce weekly, monthly and annual reports of processing, as well as narrative reports on key events and special activities;
- Oversight of security procedures and protocols to ensure safety of staff and materials.
- Implementation of quality control and quality review processes to ensure a consistent accuracy rate of no less than 99% for all aspects of the work.
- Addresses daily performance and personnel issues and manages time collection and reporting;
- Serves as primary project liaison to government staff.
- At least two (2) years’ experience performing similar work in a major research library or comparable cultural institution;
- At least one year of experience managing a project with staff;
- Experience writing quality control plans;
- At least one year of experience compiling statistical data to produce daily, weekly monthly and annual reports of work performed;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to pass a Public Trust background check
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.