Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BethesdaLAC Group is seeking an experienced Project Manager for a contract within a prestigious federal library in Bethesda, Maryland. The Project Manager will direct and supervise a large library staff of professionals and paraprofessionals with a focus on collection management and collection reformatting. This is a long-term, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract opportunity.
- Train, develop and supervise a team of library professionals and paraprofessionals in a large federal library
- Assign work to all employees, providing training and instruction to all staff
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance program
- Maintain statistical records submitted monthly showing progress, accomplishments, problems and how they were resolved
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Three years experience supervising in a library setting, experience managing programs in a government setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience training, supervising and evaluating the work of professional and paraprofessional librarians
- Three years of recent experience in each of the following areas:
- Interpreting bibliographic data elements; searching and maintaining bibliographic records in an integrated library system
- Collection maintenance activities
- Analog-to-digital reformatting projects.
- Experience in a science or health library preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.