Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Alexandria
LAC Group seeks a Project Manager for a federal agency located in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. The Project Manager will oversee a large, complex project or groups of tasks. The project manager ensures the timely and successful performance of the tasks. The project manager usually reports to a program manager but may report directly to the client’s representative. Under guidance from the Program Manager (PM) or Deputy Program Manager (DPM), responsible for the overall management of specific tasks/projects. Ensures technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Provides management and technical direction of the project and provides internal planning, guidance, and management structure for tracking the accomplishment of work assigned.
- Manages the agency’s automation tool training program
- Ensures instructional support is maintained for all critical training programs
- Assigns resources where needed while taking into consideration contractual and budgetary constraints
- Evaluates requests for instructional services to determine impact and risk to current services and provide recommendations based on criticality and available resources. Assists with issue resolution and negotiation of services when conflicting training requirements are identified
- Ensures maximum effectiveness in the use of resources. Submits to the PM and client reviews of training staff level required to meet current and pending training requirements
- Ensures instructors are trained and certified on automation tools used at the agency.
- Manages ad hoc training projects as required by the government
- Leads or assists with all activities related to staffing such as recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation
- Contributes to formal initiatives. Assists PM and DPM with the development and implementation of plans to address workload spikes
- Communicates client expectations on performance standards to contract staff. Provides motivation/instruction for staff to achieve performance standards
- Assists the PM and the DPM with new initiatives or projects and with the development of innovative management solutions for the client
- Meets routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week. Assists the PM to inform the client that new projects or initiatives fall with-in negotiated level of effort
- Compiles and QC’s all statistical reports. Develops and updates procedural manuals. Provides input for reports and for other deliverables
- Provides input to the PM and the DPM concerning performance standards
- Provides input, planning support and implementation support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff
- 4-year degree;
- Masters degree such as instructional design or other relevant master’s degree or other certification required.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.