Program Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Alexandria
LAC Group seeks a Program Manager for a federal agency located in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. The Program Manager will provide broad program oversight over a large, multi-functional service contract. He/she will exercise independent judgment as well as high level and analytical skills in solving complex and unusual managerial, technical and administrative problems. Ultimately responsible for staffing, program planning, execution, performance, quality control, and deliverables.
- Interfaces directly with program personnel to ensure full program results and compliance. Ensures maximum effectiveness in use of resources.
- Leads and oversees all activities related to staffing such as recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation.
- Provides direction to contract management and administrative and other support staff (e.g. business analyst, technical writer, graphic artist or designer, administrative assistant).
- Coordinates and leads all contract level programs and projects. Provides innovative management solutions to the client.
- Provides management and technical direction of the program and provides internal planning, guidance, and management structure for tracking the accomplishment of work assigned.
- Organize, directs and coordinates with contract managers’ on planning and production for all contract support activity across all tasks.
- Oversees integration and coordination of new projects and provides plans to address workload spikes.
- Ensures services and deliverables are completed, reviewed, accurate, and submitted on time (narrative and statistical reports, invoices, procedural manuals, customized reports etc).
- Works with the client on the evolution of performance standards for a wide variety of activities including information or technical research, library services, instructional design and records management.
- Provides support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff. May be required to identify and provide appropriate consultants per the requirement in the contract.
- Responsible for ensuring communication is maintained with the Government on all aspects of the contract.
- Meets routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week. Confirms to the client that new projects or initiatives fall with-in LOE (level of effort). Communicates client expectations to contract staff
- 4 years degree and master’s degree or other certification required.
- 12 years of contract experience managing progressively more complex, large, and costly contracts.
- Minimum of 5 years in a government contracting environment.
- Minimum of 5 years managing an information services contract.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced information provider with expertise in one or more of the following information categories:
- Information reference services
- Information research services
- Provision of other information center or library information related services
- Specialized information services such as handling large training operations focused on information resource training.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.