Procurement Director - LAC Group
Location: USA - MA - Boston
LAC Group Spend Management, a cost management/procurement consulting division of LAC Group, seeks a Contract to Permanent Procurement Director for a digital/technologies organization in the North Boston area. The main responsibilities for this newly created position include development of a formal procurement and sourcing function overseeing global indirect spend, re-engineering of the procurement process, and category optimization. This role will work very closely on a day to day basis with LAC Spend Management in the category optimization process.
This role will have high visibility across the organization. As such, he/she must be comfortable and adept in communicating with Senior Executive leaders. The role includes global responsibilities and will require some travel to other facilities and locations in order to establish / maintain key business stakeholder relationships as well as to support specific strategic initiatives.
- Refine and standardize regional/corporate purchasing policies and procedures
- Develop procurement strategy aligning with business initiatives
- Optimization of internal processes, work flows and interfaces to improve efficiency and productivity
- Manage the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification, selection and contract negotiation for all categories with LAC Spend Management.
- Reporting and analyses of sourcing activities at the group and functional levels
- Define annual functional goals, including cost savings targets, in collaboration with the Business Units and Finance, and take ownership and responsibility for execution
- Support the on-going management of strategic suppliers to drive cost savings, continuous improvement, strategy compliance and value creation
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in a procurement management role. Previous experience in a tech-centric organization/environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Masters Degree is a plus.
- Demonstration of expertise in creating and/or centralizing a global procurement function for a tech company that purchases software and services.
- Excellent contract management skills are essential combined with strong knowledge of strategic sourcing procedures, cost reduction initiatives, and negotiation techniques.
- Previous experience in vendor evaluations and project management with demonstrated results.
- Procurement systems experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as analysis tools.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.