Payroll Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los Angeles
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to join our Accounting/Finance team in Southern California. The position will be responsible for maintaining accurate data and changes in the Payroll system and validating employee time and processing multiple payrolls. This is a remote position that requires the selected candidate be located in Southern California.
- Partner with line of business to enter and maintain accurate data and changes in HRIS/Payroll system.
- Validate employee time, and process multiple payrolls weekly.
- Process manual checks/deposits, off-cycle payroll runs and retroactive payments, processing electronic transfers to various accounts
- Review payroll documentation for accuracy and make any necessary approved adjustments.
- Load payroll data review computed wages and correct errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings. Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly.
- Respond to employee and management inquiries and requests regarding payroll.
- Work closely with Human Resources on all payroll related issues
- Review and audit pay data entries, YTD totals, and file amendments
- Fulfill wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; communicating with employees, adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings
- Provide data for 401K Audits, Workman's Comp Audits, 5500 Compliance Reporting and other requests
- Run and prepare various payroll and General Ledger reports on a per pay period basis as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and provides to Finance and Accounting
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information, as requested
More About LAC Group:
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting and processing payroll in a HRIS system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar is required.
- Knowledge of gross to net concepts, pre-tax deductions, post-tax deductions and taxes.
- Knowledge of payroll processing, prevailing wage, tax calculations, and understanding of federal and state payroll laws.
- Ability to interpret legal court order documents for wage garnishment process.
- Familiarity with Netsuite is preferred.
LAC was founded in 1986 as Library Associates, we are a problem solver providing innovative and practical solutions to information management challenges in personnel & staffing, collection & asset management, research, and consulting in the private sector, government, and nonprofit organizations worldwide.
Today, with almost 400 employees, LAC Group enjoys its well-earned reputation as the leader in its information asset management field, and a premier woman-owned firm; an organization recognized for its integrity and ability to deliver the highest levels of service. With unparalleled accountability, unique in our marketplace, we’ve been consistently exceeding expectations since 1986.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.