Part-Time Research Librarian (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a part-time, temporary, virtual Research Librarian for a prestigious national law firm. This position will be responsible for gathering, synthesizing and delivering legal, business and technical information to attorneys and staff; providing training and assistance in the use of a variety of research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management tools; and collaborating with teammates, practice groups and staff to provide innovative solutions that support the complex, evolving research needs of clients. An individual skilled in transactional/finance/securities research is preferred. This is a part-time position, will be remote/virtual based, and will run for approximately 2-3 months. Candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
- Collaborate with a nation-wide team of librarians to provide comprehensive and sophisticated research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management services for attorneys and staff in all offices.
- Provide outreach, training, and on-demand assistance to attorneys and staff in cost effective and efficient use of research resources.
- Research a variety of legal topics as well as transactional/finance/securities research
- 4+ years’ legal reference and research experience, preferably in a law or corporate library
- Masters in Library and Information Science and/or Juris Doctor degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with major legal and business research platforms, public records resources, competitive intelligence tools, and state and federal legal information sources.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.