Paralegal - LAC Group
Location: USA - WY - CheyenneLAC Group is seeking an experienced Paralegal to work for a federal law office in Cheyenne, WY. The selected individual will support a broad range of duties preparing and processing technical legal documents including motions, pleadings, subpoenas; and assisting attorneys in trial preparation and research. This is a five-year full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Examine, prepare and process a wide variety of technical legal documents that are characteristically voluminous and complex in format
- Obtain needed information from case files, law enforcement agencies, civil client agencies, or other sources, and submits completed legal documents to the appropriate person for review and approval
- Assist attorneys in preparing trial notebooks, jury instructions, witness and exhibit lists
- Prepare discovery in response rules and regulations with approval from attorneys
- Perform original research using online legal databases to verify citations
- Use office software to prepare and edit written documents using working knowledge of legal and administrative procedures
- Provide other litigation support as required
- A paralegal degree or certificate OR at least two (2) years of litigation legal support/legal assistant/paralegal experience required
- Knowledge of the litigation process to include court rules and procedures for prosecutions;
- Ability to use a variety of office software programs.
- Knowledge and proficiency in legal software applications such as Eclipse, Case Map, Trial Director, or similar software products is preferred;
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of spreadsheets and schedules, in order to gather data, analyze information and present findings.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.