Paralegal - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Paralegal to work for a prestigious federal agency in Washington, DC. The selected individual will support the processing of Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) records in response to requests from throughout the United States. This is a five-year full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Review incoming requests and enter data into a FOIA tracking database
- Communicate with requestors as needed
- Prepare documentation for draft responses to include redactions and proposed disclosures.
- High School or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Paralegal Certificate
- Minimum of one (1) year of paralegal experience
- At least some experience with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIA)
- Prior experience with legal writing and conducting legal research in commercial and public research databases (e.g. Westlaw, LexisNexis, HeinOnline, Proquest Congressional, etc.)
- Experience utilizing legal analyses to recommend courses of actions and/or final dispositions for legal requests and documents
- Hands-on experience with a variety of computer applications to support research and correspondence preparation.
- Strict attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy in a high-pressure environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.