Metadata Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking a Metadata Specialist to work on a remote 2-year project for a world-renowned media/entertainment organization. The Metadata Specialists will be responsible for producing original cataloguing for new and newly-digitized assets. This position will be adding comprehensive metadata within a predefined methodology and in compliance with style guidelines and overall quality and consistency standards. Successful cataloging may require some research as well as review of associated documentation and other topically relevant reference materials.
This position will be expected to maintain ongoing quality and productivity standards and regularly meet or exceed weekly / monthly goals for both.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a massive archiving/metadata project with one of the most renowned media companies in history. It will be an ongoing full-time employment position (the project is slated to last 2 years) and will be fully remote. Candidates can be located anywhere in the USA or Canada and regardless of location will at times be required to participate in training, team meetings, review and QA sessions, etc that will be scheduled on an east coast schedule.
- Create, edit and update metadata according to complex predefined organization-based methodology within clients digital asset management system
- Populate completely and as appropriate up to 6 fields of data
- Maintain weekly / monthly quality and productivity goals
- Identify and separate problematic images for additional research and / or client review
- Coordinate with other colleagues as well as key client contacts to keep workflow on pace
- Manage workflow and meet project deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Seasoned Metadata professional with at least 2-3 years of experience in metadata tagging for multimedia (photo, film, tv, print, etc.) materials or related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required; MLS/MLIS degree a plus
- Experience with Digital Asset Management software and metadata standards is required.
- Strengths will be in both qualitative and creative review and editing in addition to in-depth metadata and cataloging skills.
- Excellent culture knowledge with ability to identify talent, productions, locations, wildlife, flora, fauna, etc. and other content-specific esoterica.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to succinctly describe content into a set of captions, keywords and tags to support search.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.